Please help me with BSOD

brianly4311

Hi. I am new here. I am not sure what happen to my computer, I got BSOD very often even installed new Windows 7, I am attaching my MiniDump here, please help me to figure out what is wrong with my system. Thanks

Attachments

• 091711-18189-01.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
Your error code is 0xA and these can be caused by either hardware or faulty drivers. Your minidump simply cited hardware as the issue. In light of your symptoms we want you to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Route44, Thank you for your help. Do you mean run at least 7 times Memtest? As I see the Memtest has only 2 steps. I ran 8 times and it say the windows don't find any error. Is that mean some of my drivers is bad? So far my computer is OK today, I'll update new Minidump if I get another crash. Thank you very much

Just to clarify, Memtest is measured by Passes and not hours. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. After it runs through all 8 individual tests it completes one Pass and then begins at Test #1 again through #8 completing the second Pass and so on.

Many people think that when Memtest does the individual tests it is simply repeating what has gone before. This is not however the case. It actually is throwing all kinds of combinations at the RAM.

So, did you do at least 7 full Passes?

Yes, I did 8 tests and it all say no error. so far I don't have new BSOD. I used Vista before, and now is Windows 7

I have a Gateway GT5692 with windows vista. The computer worked fine for a year, then 1 day I hook up a Sony video recorder to the system and almost immediately got the BSOD. Since then I got the BSOD once a while especially when I watch some video on Youtube or any other video files. I thought the mother board has problem so I replaced with a new Gygabyte mother board, using Windows Vista. The problem still existed. Then I change to Windows 7 last week and I still have BSOD, that why I posted for your help. currently I don't have any new crash, I don't really know why. I will update my status when it happen to me again. I really appreciate all of your helps.

I have seen this happen a lot with Camcorders, etc. Attach them and BAM! system crashes due to the wonky camcorder/video drivers.

Did you install the Sony drivers after you did the clean install?

I did not because that camcorder not belong to me.However I reinstalled Windows Vista at that time. It's weird that I don't have the BSOD for over a week!!! :)

Back