Not open for further replies.

whateveriswhate

Ok, so this is what I've got so far:
ATI Radeon HD 2400, graphics card
DirectX 10
Deamontools lite
Various the sims2 games
Processor of 3,18 Ghz
Newly downloaded the upgraded driversystem for the graphics card even. (something with catalyst)
So can anyone tell me how come I still get the same message that my graphics card and directx isn't compatible? 'Cause I'm about to give up.

Oh, and if anyone does answer me, I'd appreciate a message that's understandable since I'm not so good with "computer-talk":p

Thanks alot anyway^_^

I'm not sure what service pack 1 is, but the vista updates should be right. Or what updates are you talking about exactly?:p And if PowerColor is a company that makes the radeon thing it would be those guys, 'cause that's what it says on the package it came in.
(I am really an ***** when it comes to these things so I may not understand everything, but I try my best) ^_^

When you have IE7 open, go to "Tools" in the upper left hand corner and select "Windows Update". Follow instructions from there. Also go to the PowerColor website and download the HD2400 driver for Vista from there

I just figured out what that is and I use firefox, and also this computer updates itself when they are available,just did it last night really. But I am downloading the driver for the graphics card.

Ok, so now when I try to unzip the thing it doesn't work. An error keeps coming up, something about that it might be damaged or may be unknown? I don't understand really.

The file is bad, incomplete or corrupt. I know it is rather large, but try downloading and unzipping it once again

As a thought because Tmagic650 has this nicely covered, when you start your download GET AWAY FROM YOUR COMP AND LET IT DOWNLOAD!!!!!

I did exactly that, I went to have dinner while it downloaded, and when I got back it had tried itself to unzip and thats when I first noticed the error. But I am trying to unzip it again, are there supposed to be 2 of them by the way(8501agpVS32.zip thats the name of it). And it still won't unzip, no matter where I put it.

'are there supposed to be 2 of them by the way'

Not on one download - delete them, run all your antivirus scans, run all your antimalware scans, reboot.

Do it again - run through this sites antivirus cleanout routine (look around) and then posts your logs as directed.

This should be simple.

Ok so everything finally went the way it should, now is there anything else that I need to install from the thing I just downloaded, besides the Setup(just did that one so I am going to reboot now, and it might take a while since this comp can't handle it so I have to turn it off and leave it off for about 10 min before the screen will work again). I found a bunch of other Installation-programs in different folders, and I wondered if I should install any of those too?

Need more info -what are the names of the folders and install files?

Did they just now appear?

If I click on the bin-folder there are 4 different programs called: ATISetup, DownloadManager, InstallManagerApp, Setup.
And if I click the Config-folder there are 6 different Windows Install-packages called: atiicdxx, chipset, MMTableRev0, MMTableRev1, MMTableRev2, tvtablerev1, TVW_USB_ID
And if I click on the packages-folder there are two different folders Apps and Drivers, so if I click on the Apps-folder there are 4 more folders called AVIVO, CCC, CIM, VC8RTx86, and these leads to different folders and Windows Install-packages.

After all this downloading and deleting and re-downloading, I would suggest you Defrag.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back