Not open for further replies.

crueltrit

i have a sony vaio t350p

it gets super super super hot while charging

so i downloaded speedfan and here is the result:
- HD0: 49 (with a check next to it)
- temp1 74C (with a flame next to it)

im a noob and all, but i sure as hell know that 74C is extremely hot

is there a program out there that can manually let me increase my fan speed?
i dont even think it is turned on becuase i dont hear a thing!

thanksss

please help asap

is there any way for me to control the fan speed through software?
i really dont want to open up the notebook
what about Notebook Hardware Control? will that let me adjust the fan speed?

It's not the best approach!
But you usually can in CMOS

To get to CMOS settings, you will notice a key (like DEL or other) to press on your Laptop startup
Press the key (that will be listed on the startup screen) within 3 secs
Inside CMOS, you may see an area that allows change of CPU fan speed

74c is not especially hot for a laptop under load. I have 2 Sony Vaios here and checked the load temps of both, and they were 72c and 79c.

Laptops will always run a little hotter for obvious reasons, but they are designed to be that way. One thing worth mentioning is to make sure they are always running on a flat surface, as blocking the vents underneath with clothing or similar will cause problems.

Speedfan is suggesting thats hot because it is primarily aimed at desk top computers which usually have much better cooling.

I dont suppose there is any issue with your laptop.

Just that you laptop when in use or charging should be on a Flat surface and see to it that the vent are not blocked.

Keep the surroundings clean so that no dust enters the laptop which causes most of the heating.

You can buy a little thin 1/2 inch layer platform which fans to help cool it down too.. Just check newegg for something.. I got one for 20 bucks and kepted mine alot colder.. :D

I have the same VAIO, I bought a laptop desk, it has cooling fans built in, from Wal-Mart, dropped the laptop temp a lot while charging. I also noticed that if I leave the laptop alone and not use it it does not get as hot. I hope this helps, I know I am new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back