TechSpot

Please Help..Need to Recover Deleted Files

By Deviouz
Sep 18, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was using this ACDSee Classic picture program to to view and delete a lot of photos about 8GB 27,500 pix worth. and i noticed these 2 .jpg files in the folder with all the other ones that had no image properties and had no picture to view even though they were about 120KB in size.. so i decided to delete them becuz they were corrupt i guess.. so apon deleting them the ACDSee app froze or something so I had to terminate its process from the task manager.. then when i went back to the picture folder it said that there were only 21,476 Files now with a total of 1.96GB of used space.. so this ACDSee picture app just deleted over 6GB of my Photos..
    i tried a system restore but it wouldnt give me back my photos.. and then ended up somehow loosing all my system restore poins after that..???
    i have the recycle bin turned off so all files are deleted instead of being moved to the bin..
    Is there any app that can get me back my deleted photos..???
  2. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,202

3. sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr TS Rookie Posts: 61

4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

O&O recovery and file scavenger
    and loads more
    look for free ones try sourceforge
    and if it works, donate.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.