Please Help reading mini dumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hylt

Hi There
I had a problem with BSOD on Windows XP Pro SP2 which I thought I'd cured buy re-installing Windows, but I was wrong!
I'm still getting BSOD, it happened yesterday while trying to use windows search Here is the message:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x000000000)

I did some research on the web and everything I found points to bad memory. Then 10 minutes later another BSOD with this message:

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000A (0x9BCBBF10, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804E8617)

Everything I read about this message seemed a bit vague as to what it was, it could be memory, software or drivers???

My system is brand new and consists of:

Pentium D945
ASrock 4CoreDual-VSTA motherboard
1 GB 400mhz ram
3Dlabs Wildcat VP880 Pro
400 watt PSU

If I post my latest minidumps would somebody please be kind enough to read them and point me in the right direction. I'll keep looking on the net and trying to sort the problem myself as much as I can but if some kind person could give me a clus I would be very greatful.

Kindest Regards

Hylt

help reading minidumps

Hi Howard
Thank you for replying.
I yes I read that the first time just after I built the PC and it started giving BSOD. I've run memtest for about 3 hours, Microsfts memory tester for the same length of time and the windows version of memtest. I also tried Prime95 which gave 1 error, but I've ran several times since and have had no errors.
I'm trying my best to find the solution but I'm hitting a brick wall so far, my only thoughts are it's either memory or my 3Dlabs graphics card as windows says that the drivers are not signed??
That's why I've posted again to see if somebody would read some of my minidumps to try and steer me in the right direction.......HELP!

Kindest Regards

Hylt

Reading minidump files

Hi Howard

Many thanks for your help Howard, hope it gives me some clues as to what's going on.

Kindest Regards

Hylt

Your minidumps are crashing with various culprits. Therefore I think your problem may be hardware related. I`d guess it`s either your video card drivers or the video card itself that`s the problem. There`s also a chance it could be a ram or failing psu problem.

Regards Howard :)

Reading mini dumps

Hi Howard

Many thanks for that. I'll order some more ram, then I'll try another graphics card.
I have a Nvidia Quadro card, the drivers for that are signed for XP so maybe it will work beter.
It's a brand new PSU but I have a spare just in case so if all else fails I'll try that.

Thanks again for your help.

Kindest Regards

Hylt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back