TechSpot

Please Help Slow & Infected PC

By sarahecho
Apr 28, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi :wave:

I’m really hoping somebody can help me with this. We had AVG installed on my PC, and everything was going fine. I then had an AVG update which happened at the start of my problems :suspiciou . I am now getting adverts popping up every time I open IE and the PC is running very slowly, occasionally freezing altogether.

I have downloaded Spyhunter (the free version) and both Spyhunter and ACG have found various items. I have absolutely no idea how to get rid of them, and I am assuming that they might well be the cause of my issues?!

I am not very techinie (although have recently learnt a lot):confused: . Really could do with any assistance possible to help clear my PC of these problems and keep it as clean as possible. I've attached a couple of screenshots of the resuts of scans.

Thank you:)

2. kingcomp

kingcomp TS Rookie

From the description of the issue, it sounds like you have the SmitFraud. If you do a search on SmitFraud fix, (you may want to do it on another computer). It will show a program written by Siri. Download this program and follow the instructions on the screen. Even if I am wrong and you have something else, this process will not harm your computer. Also a word of caution Siri is French and that may be how it comes up at first if you prefer English, there is an option L (the one after 5 and before Q) that changes the language.

Good luck

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.