Please help with BSOD 0x000000D1 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting the same blue screen every time I clean or scan my computer with Kaspersky. Please help, I would like to get my computer to run normally, or atleast normally before I got the blue screens. I know I have viruses because Kaspersky wants to clean them but the blue screen I get makes me think it's related to one of my drivers. I will post/do anything that is required of me to fix this problem. Thank you for any help.

Edit: I have added some minidumps to help.

Edit: I had to restart my computer so I decided to have another blue screen to add another minidump. Also the error I got was STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

All five errors are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers and all five point to the same driver: kl1.sys

This driver belongs to your Kaspersky security software (though it has been bundled with Zone Alarnm) and to be honest we have seen quite a few people here having issues with this driver. It seems that every time you reinstall it after reformatting the same issues returned because the problem hasn't been infection but a legit software.

I would suggest either a) updating Kaspesky to see if this helps or b) go to the Kaspersky forums and find out how they rectifired the issues with this driver.

Good luck.

Solved

Thank you very much for telling me it was with my Kaspersky. I went onto the Kaspersky forum and I saw many people were having the same problem. Mods if you want you can put a solved by this thread so maybe other people with the same problem will come here, who knows. Anyways once I found what the problem was what I did was:

1. Open the Kaspersky main window
2. Click on settings
3. For File Anti-Virus I went into settings, click on the performance tab and under scan methods unchecked heuristic analysis
4. In Mail Anti-Virus settings under scan methods in the general tab uncheck heuristic analysis
5. In Web Anti-Virus in settings uncheck heuristic analysis
6. In IM Anti-Virus under scan methods uncheck heuristic analysis
7. In Full Scan settings click on additional tab and uncheck heuristic analysis
8. Follow step 7 for Quick Scan
9. Make sure for Kaspersky settings you click OK

These Steps apply to people using Kaspersky 2010 version 9 beta but for each in other versions you still need to turn off heuristic analysis to fix this blue screen.
I hope other people having this blue screen can fix theirs by either visiting the Kaspersky forum or reading this post.

Thanks much for getting back to us. You are the first person who gave us a detailed account on how they rectifed this issue.

Question, when turning off hueristic analysis, this doesn't in any way stop hueristic protection, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back