Please help with my Sony Vaio? puh-lease?

By aisforang
Aug 28, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone out there in computerland will be able to help me!

I have a Sony Vaio VGN - B550 (i) that i bought in 2005..(in australia) its been so good to me until just recently when i would get the BSOD every time i started the computer. I realised that if i turned the wireless Lan off.. that i could you the computer without the BSOD and just ot make sure... as soon as i would turn on the wireless.. on came the BSOD.

First i turned off the automatic restart so i could read the BSOD and it says:

IRQL not less or equal and sometihng about disable BIOS followed by a bunch of STOP 0x00000001 etc

I figured that it would have something to do with my network driver not working properly so i reconfigured the computer with the recovery disks hoping this would work but no luck ... still the dreaded BSOD =(

I also tried Control Panel, System , hardware, Device manager, Network adapters----find wireless network adapter to delete..but when i would double click on them it says all drivers are working well! ARGHHHH!

can someone help me please?!?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,450   +135

Try using a USB wireless adapter, with the internal wireless adapter off
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.