Please help with RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i am new to this place, i need help please,
i went to pcworld, to buy a ram card, i already have a 512, i bought another, and i fixed it in, i checked in the system information, it showed that there was 1gb of ram, but however, when i play my game, flight simulator 2004, the same amount of frames per second, no difference, is there any setting to adjust physical ram? i would appreciate ur clever guys help, thank

specs
2.7ghz
1gb ram(just installed 512)
nvidia geforce 5200fx
windows xp home edition

aizaaz

Did you get the correct ram for your mobo? You cant just slap any old ram in.

Check your system here - www.crucial.com

I don't advise you buy from them as they are a bit pricey, but their system will tell you what you have and what is compatible.

yes, 100% correct ram, it works on its own, i put both in, it comes up 1 gig on system info, so it workks, but it dosn't make any difference, some1 plz, i am in need of help

Is the new one an exact match with the old one? Google and get everest home edition. use that to find out exactly what both sticks of ram are.

they r both pc2100, the guys at pcworld say theyre fine, i just want to know if theres an option in control p-anel to activate it or sumfink, thnx

Everest home will show your ram timings. Setting that correctly in your bios may help a little.

how do i do that please?
look, i tried them out individually they wrk fine, they just dont seem to work 2gether, the sytem info shows 1gb, so they r fine, but for sum reason i get same fps on games an before, there must b a setting that needs changing via control panel
thnx

There is absolutely nothing in control panel that will help you in the slightest.

You will have to read your mobo manual and see what is suggested there.

They are almost impossible to find any useful information about. You will have to use everest home to find out exactly what mobo you have and what bios it has on it. There is no other way unless you have all the paperwork that came with it.

huh? am I understnding correctly? You are saying you had 512mb ram then you bought another 512mb ram so that make sit 1gig... you check syste ingfo and it shows 1gig... now you said when playing flight simulator it still have the same amount of frame rates per second?

am i understandin right? if so... I would like to say:

ram dont increse frame rates.... ram keeps things stable and steady not shaky.... it stabilize the performanc eand reduce the sudden hiccup laggness and increase loading speed.

and video card is the main criteria annd responsible for frame rates.... video card aka gaphic card will increase frame rate. the better the vidoe card the more the frame rate will increase. geforce fx5200 is not a good gaming card.... it is a low card and does not suit for gaming.

if you have one of these:

- x1650xt
- 7600gt
- 6800 ultra
- x850xt/pe
- x1800gto
- x1800xl
- x1800xt
- 7800gt
- 7800gtx
- x1900xt
- x1900xtx
- x1950gt
- x1950pro
- x1950xtx
- 7900gt
- 7900gtx
- 2600xt
- 8600gtx
- 2900pro
- 2900xt
- 8800gts
- 8800 gtx
- 8800 ultra

........you will be ok on gaming and u will atleast be able to set to med settings and playable performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back