Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there i have just bult a new pc as my old one stopped working i think due to either a porssesor or motherbord failure so i went out and bought a cheap bundle package it came with a new motherbord, chipset and graphics everything elce that i needed i used from my old pc, when i put it togeather today it wouldent display anything on the screen i have used both the onbord graphics and the graphics card that came with the bundle please can anyone help me?

the specs that came with the bundle are:

CPU AMD Athlon 6000 X2

Graphics Performance HD4350 chipset
512MB GDDR video memory

Motherboard
Chipset: AMD® 690V + SB600
Front Side Bus: 2000MT/s HyperTransport
Memory: Dual channel DDR2 800/667/533 x 2 DIMMs
IDE: ATA 133 x1
Serial ATA(SATA)/RAID: SATAII x 4 w / RAID 0, 1, 10

thanks in advance for any help you can give me as i am realy =S about it

Clear the CMOS and remove the backup battery for 30 minutes.
Try using defaults instead of OC (overclocking)
Try one stick at a time with the RAM.
Could be issue with the RAM or CPU (could have got damaged)

no there is no beeps when i turn it on, i dont think it is the ram i have tryed it with no sticks in and tryed it useing the onbord ram and still nothing

Remove the HDD or unplug the power connections. You have to try and test everything you have installed. If you come up empty then check the PSU with another one? Also check the monitor with another system see it that's working too? Check the cables and video card. Use VGA instead of DVI or HDMI to see what's working or not. You might have too start with all new components that works with new MOBO (optional)

Seems like a RAM issue. As tipstir said above, try booting with only the CPU and RAM plugged in. If it boots, start adding components one at a time to figure out what the issue is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back