Please insert game into F drive?

Hi,

So I have a Toshiba netbook Windows7 and I bought an external CD drive for my computer since it doesn't come with one. I play PC games and I have an old game called Roller Coaster Tycoon, which I've been able to play just fine for about a year on my Toshiba. Recently all the files corrupted on it and wiped out the game so I reinstalled it and was able to play for about three months and again it worked fine. Now whenever I try playing it a message comes up saying "Please insert your RollerCoaster Tycoon CD in the following drive: F:/" but I have the game in the external drive and I don't know why it keeps coming up. I've been able to play other older PC games on my computer without this problem (like The Sims 2 and Age of Empires: The Conquerors).

So I decided to install a bit newer version of RollerCoaster Tycoon, Loopy Landscapes and the same problem is happening. Is something wrong with my computer's F drive or is the game just being unresponsive?

It's either the disk itself for the game or the external cd drive may be going bad. try testing with different kinds of disks: audio cd, video dvd, data cd, data dvd, etc. see what the external drive reads and does not read. if it works with all types of disks without flaw, then I'm going to say that the media disk itself for your game is bad. Hope this helps, take care!

Back