Please read and analyze my logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mretzloff

My Internet was not working properly and my computer was running slow, so I called Dell. The customer service representative told me to do a system restore. I did and I was back at March 18 of this year. My anti-malicious software scans have been taking MUCH longer (avast! Antivirus went from 12 minutes to an hour) and my computer is a little bit slower.

Here are the logs:

Combofix: View attachment 30086

HijackThis: View attachment 30087

Thank you. I'm running Windows Vista, BTW.

I would try running a boot scan with avast and make sure its updated before you run it. try running trendmicro housecall scan. make sure vista its up to date too. you could try defragging too that could help. PimpMyPc

pimpmypc said:
I would try running a boot scan with avast and make sure its updated before you run it. try running trendmicro housecall scan. make sure vista its up to date too. you could try defragging too that could help. PimpMyPc

Ok, I'll defrag in a few minutes.

What's a boot scan?

Thanks.

rigth click the avast logo, click start avast antivirus, let it scan the memory and startup its automatic, then when the actualy program starts right click anyways then you will get a box, and check schedule boot scan, make sure its on scan archives and all files. then restart. this will ensure that if avast does find sdomthin it shouldnt have a problem deleting the problem but you will have to manually delete it you will seee a bunch of options and i think you have to click a number i alwatys click move to chest. if it finds anything please type them here. thank you

**Make sure Defense+ is enabled in Comodo

Remove bad HijackThis entries
  • Run HijackThis
  • Click on the System Scan Only button
  • Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
  • Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
  • Click on the "Fix Checked" button
  • When completed, close the application.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> double click Services

navigate to Symantec Lic NetConnect service and right click then select disabled

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
  • Select the Update Tab at the top of the Java console
  • Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
  • If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 5) Follow the on screen instructions
  • After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs
  • Uninstall any older versions of Java

If for some reason you couldn't update through the above instructions.
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5
  • The 4th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_05 folder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also a good idea to run an online scan:
:Run Kaspersky Online AV Scanner:

Order to use it you have to use Internet Explorer.
Go to Kaspersky and click the Accept button at the end of the page.

Note for Internet Explorer 7 users: If at any time you have trouble with the accept button of the licence, click on the Zoom tool located at the right bottom of the IE window and set the zoom to 75 %. Once the license accepted, reset to 100%.
  • Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
  • Allow the ActiveX download if necessary.
  • Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
  • Click Scan Settings and change the "Scan using the following antivirus database" from standard to extended and then click OK.
  • Click on "My Computer"
  • When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
  • Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
  • Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.
Attach the report into your next reply

I don't think the issue is malware related, I didn't see anything in your logs, and Kaspersky was just a second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back