Please recomend some good Micron RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I need some decent Micron RAM for my system that would be good for overclocking and which will run on my board. I have a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 paired with an Athlon FX-62. Please make some suggestions.

Here are a couple suggestions. Both will give you some OC room and won't break the bank...

Check these out if you're willing to wait on a rebate :).

You won't have to play with rebates on this one, slightly more expensive, and the timings aren't as tight.

I was considering Crucial Ballistix, though i've hear that they run hotter than other brands. I was actually thinking of getting these Mushkin sticks:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146673

$46 after rebate is a great price!. Newegg configurator says they are compatible with my board, but i don't know how accurate it is.

Edit: This RAM is compatible with S series AM2 mobos according to newegg reviews, so it should work on mine.

Ballistix kits are extremely overclock friendly. The 800MHz ones can be comfortably OC'd to 1066MHz without problems. Corsair's XMS2 kits are equally excellent, as are Buffalo's Firestix, which make the best OC-capable memory kits IMO along with Corsair's Dominator and OCZ's FlexXLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back