PNY GeForce 9500GT nightmare

Code Butcher

I'm trying to install a PNY GeForce 9500GT (Nvidia) on a Dell GX620 (P4 HT 3.4Ghz), running XP. I first tried to install it on a Dell Optiplex 745 (P4 D 3.4Ghz) running Windows 7 64-bit. Both give the same results after installing the card, then drivers, and reboot. I get a blank screen on the Win7 machine and a broken graphics screen after the Windows logo on the XP machine. I've tried the latest drivers from Nvidia (301.42) and the beta drivers from Techspot (304.79) to have the same problem.

I think the card is conflicting with the on board GPU, Intel 945G chipset. I'm trying to find a way to disable the on board GPU. When I looked at the Resources I get this message:

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
Intel(R) 945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port - 2771
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:
I've tried to disable the Display Adapter in Device Manager before installing the card, to no avail.

I really want to install this card so I can run two monitors.

Any Ideas?

You will need to go into your bios,To disable the on board graphics. First of all if you would not have tried to disable the on board graphics from the device manger. Your computer would have disable the on board graphics .For you when you installed the card. I don't know if xp will run this card. But I know win 7 does. You will need to make sure you have the latest 64 bit drivers. Hope this helps you.

Can you post a screen shot of the "broken graphics screen after the Windows logo on the XP machine" , I'd really like to see what we're talking about.

I don't know if I can post an actual screen shot, since I have no way to capture the screen if I can't use it, but I'll take a picture with my digital camera and post it.

Here are photos of the broken graphics.
mazdpj.jpg

Windows Logo screen. Notice the lines.
nya1wi.jpg

After Windows Logo screen.

Attachments

• DSC04492.JPG
    DSC04492.JPG
    589.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC04491.JPG
    DSC04491.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 0
You will need to go into your bios,To disable the on board graphics. First of all if you would not have tried to disable the on board graphics from the device manger. Your computer would have disable the on board graphics .For you when you installed the card. I don't know if xp will run this card. But I know win 7 does. You will need to make sure you have the latest 64 bit drivers. Hope this helps you.

Tried that. Yes there are XP 32-bit drivers, Downloaded straight from Nvidia and TechSpot. I've tried to disable the on board GPU, to no avail. See attached file. Notice the lines.

Attachments

• DSC04493.JPG
    DSC04493.JPG
    571.3 KB · Views: 8
Wow , Is this a new card? I might be wrong but I think the card is bad. Your bios picture looks as though it did switch to the card. Lets see what Cinder has to say. He may have a suggestion.

Here is something wierd. I booted to safe mode with networking and was able to change the display to 1280x1024 on a Dell 17" monitor via DVI. But it still won't boot normally. I was trying to find a GeForce diagnostic to check the card is bad. I think I'll stay away from Nvidia for now. I've had a lot of bad luck with these cards lately. I much prefer Radeon.

Thanks for all the responces!

Back