Police raid targets 9-year-old pirate, Winnie the Pooh laptop seized

By Jos
Nov 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The fight against online piracy reached new levels of absurdity after the Copyright Information And Anti-Piracy Centre (CIAPC) in Finland cracked down on a 9-year-old suspected pirate and had the police seize her Winnie the Pooh laptop. Her crime was...

Read more
  2. KillerClown

KillerClown Newcomer, in training

That's insane!!!!
  3. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 410   +42

It really is becoming like that South Pork episode...
    PC nerd, VitalyT and ravy like this.
  4. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

I'm glad this is what police resources are being used for.
  5. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

It's always the young ones xD
    H3llion likes this.
  6. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 436   +70

So happy that the cops are going after small time crooks instead of murders and rapists.
  7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

Maybe they are trying to take them out while they are still young lol
  8. Seem like it was just yesterday:

Do what you want, ‘cause a pirate is free,
    YOU ARE A PIRATE!
    Yar har, fiddle di dee,
    Being a pirate is alright to be,
    Do what you want ‘cause a pirate is free,
    You are a pirate!

Brain washing our kids to pirate. ARRRRR.
    dcnc123 likes this.
  9. That's it, I'm turning off Finland's air supply. No Soup for you!
  10. This is insane. The father teaching the 9 year old daughter how to torrent. And points the child to the pirate bay, later on plays the stupid card. How can you claim that your 9 year old knows more then you about a computer. That is unbelievable news. I understand your not an elite hacker of military sites but everyone hear of torrents. I have no friends that don't know about torrents or the consequences of an unencrypted connection. Least thing you can do is spoof your mac and ip to be untraceable. Or just do it from the library with a laptop you buy on crags list for cash. You would be untraceable. Also do you use your real name on any of the accounts you use on the laptop. Don't even check your email. Users are caught through their habitual use at times.
  11. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,713   +286

learn 2 read.
    dennis777 likes this.
  12. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Booster Posts: 654   +34

Poor 9 year old girl, that's horrible experience to have. What if it was just an accident, the internet is a confusing place. A lil girl doesn't know going to a site and downloading something is illegal. This is a disgrace to the finland police.
    Darth Shiv likes this.
  13. She has to be in the jail... she is very dangeruos !!! ...
    ahahahahahahaah (laughter from The Shadow) ... ;)
    dennis777 likes this.

14. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 153   +23

I wonder, what kind of ads does a 9 year old girl see on pirate bay?

I hope it's not Russian women.
  15. Shocking... this kid should go to jail to make an example for other kids
    hammer2085 likes this.
  16. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

This is a bit absurd but we have no one to blame but ourselves. We brought this on ourselves as the Internet using public. They asked ppl to stop pirating. Ppl didn't stop now we have a 9yr old getting arrested. Also I kinda blame Google and TPB. Google put TPB on the top 3 searches. TPB made it available. That poor little girl now has some serious emotional issues. I feel so bad for what she has to deal with
  17. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 458   +65

Lmao wow some serious criminals in finland man.

They are lucky to have such a hard working police force....
  18. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,000   +710

Oh, there are way better and more prolific sources for Slavic beauty than TPB!;)

Well, it is after all, easier to ticket a stopped car in public, than to catch an already gone rapist or killer..

Either that, or enroll her in parochial school...:eek: .
    SalaSSin likes this.
  19. captaincranky

In my neighborhood dad is long gone, and and another adult is having children as young as this girl deal hard drugs, due to the fact a child can't be given hard time.

I'm not justifying dad's actions, just pointing out the parallel behaviours. Albeit amplified as they are by the ghetto.
  20. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

Where's the due process? The fairness? Just an accusation from higher powers and then extortion for "settling the case"? What if you really are innocent?
  21. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

It happens. Friends of mine have done the same thing. Done a search for a (legitimate) free FS2004 aircraft download and I go there and a (bad) torrent file is sitting on the desktop. They know nothing about torrents or what they downloaded.
  22. Welcome to the New World Order.

Disagree with something that the government has agreed to and you have no rights, no choice, no freedom and no future.
    SalaSSin likes this.
  23. When I saw this story as I scrolled down my home page I thought it was from The Onion at first. Wow.
  24. Why not use a predator drone instead ?

lol
  25. captaincranky

Then what would they use on shoplifters and jaywalkers?

You can't spread your resources too thin, you know.
    PC nerd and H3llion like this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.