TechSpot

Police raids Samsung offices in OLED technology theft investigation

By Jos
Apr 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung and LG’s display units have been battling it out in courts since 2010, with lawsuits flying from both sides alleging everything from patent violations to stolen technology secrets related to OLED panels. Although there’s been some speculation that their...

Read more

2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 902   +52

I always though they got along, guess not.

3. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

$12,000 huh? That will really help boost slow tv sells >_>;

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,003   +1,503

Two companies trying to monopolize on a technology by discrediting each other with patent violations is so childish. I'm sure there is enough room on the market, for both of them to produce the same damn product.

5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

WOW! $12,000 for a 55 inch TV. Hold on, let me sell a kidney and I can afford it. I mean really. 12 grand so that the time your sitting on your rump is just that much more expensive. So long as my TV fires up and I can play my 360 im happy. The TV would have to do a LOT more then just show me whats being broadcasted.

6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 902   +52

I can remember when a 42" plasma was $20k (early 2000's) and it wasn't even HD. Give it a few years and they'll come down in price, sooner if they don't fix the price.

7. Mikymjr

Mikymjr TS Enthusiast Posts: 128   +7

It's a pity seeing that for everything invented or discovered these days, is being stolen to make money or patented to make money again. At this rate it looks like even the smallest things will be patented or stolen. Seriously, back in the days when most people worked there asses of to achieve something while still being honest was considered with very high respect. But I'm straying of topic maybe =)

mosu likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.