TechSpot

Pool_corruption, blue screen

By cielbleu
Oct 5, 2008
  1. Hi all, I am new to the forum and would like to have some advices on my pc problem. I have reinstalled a fresh xp few days ago and now it keeps blue screen on me several times a days.

I have attached the last two dmp files. It would be great if someone can have a look...

Many thanks in advance!!!!

2. cielbleu

cielbleu TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just attach a new dmp file + some earlier ones.

3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Please run Memtest for at least 7 passes (~4Hrs) for a thorough test of your Ram

Failing (or rather passing) that, I'd recommend uninstalling Kasperky AntiVirus and trying a Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

You have updated all your Drivers I hope ?

4. cielbleu

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, my drivers are uptoday. I will do the memtest tonight and unload the antivirus.

So, it is either ram failure or kaspersky's problem? No wonder there was a few times kaspersky having troubles to start after rebooting from bluescreen.

I will post again after the test tomorrow... thank again.

5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Kaspersky is very high on system resource
    If your Ram is just slightly faulty, that's it Minidump

Ironically, if you uninstall Kaspersky, you may never see the Ram issue again
    Unless you install Norton :dead:

6. cielbleu

It turns out one of the ram modules is deflected after running the test. The pc is much stabler without kes antivirus. it's time to rma my ram! anyway, great thank for your help, kimsland.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.