Pop up box in internet explorer keeps popping up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cableman

I hope someone might know what is happening and tell me how to fix it. For some reason a pop up box has started popping up in my internet explorer. The message says: "Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?".
As soon as I open internet explorer this box opens up and no matter how many times I say yes or no, or close the box out it keeps popping up repeatedly to where I cannot use explorer at all. Today it popped up in Real Player while I was playing music but when I closed it it stayed away for awhile and then came back.
If anyone can tell me how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

Yes I have scanned using "Super Anti-Spyware' free edition with no luck. I also use Avast virus scan and if I have a virus this will be the first. I remember one time before I used something like "Hijack" something or another and after you scanned your computer you would list the results on this website and they would tell you what to do. I can't remember what this website was. Do you have any ideas what I should run to try and fix this?

I run the combination Avast and SAS free on two systems and find that a very good combination.

I suggest going to the Virus and Malware removal forum here at TechSpot and reading the 8 Steps sticky. If you decide to take this route post the logs there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back