TechSpot

Pop up box in internet explorer keeps popping up

By cableman
Mar 14, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope someone might know what is happening and tell me how to fix it. For some reason a pop up box has started popping up in my internet explorer. The message says: "Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?".
    As soon as I open internet explorer this box opens up and no matter how many times I say yes or no, or close the box out it keeps popping up repeatedly to where I cannot use explorer at all. Today it popped up in Real Player while I was playing music but when I closed it it stayed away for awhile and then came back.
    If anyone can tell me how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

This could be a sure sign of infection. Have you scanned for malware, etc.?
  3. cableman

cableman TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 175

Yes I have scanned using "Super Anti-Spyware' free edition with no luck. I also use Avast virus scan and if I have a virus this will be the first. I remember one time before I used something like "Hijack" something or another and after you scanned your computer you would list the results on this website and they would tell you what to do. I can't remember what this website was. Do you have any ideas what I should run to try and fix this?
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

I run the combination Avast and SAS free on two systems and find that a very good combination.

I suggest going to the Virus and Malware removal forum here at TechSpot and reading the 8 Steps sticky. If you decide to take this route post the logs there.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.