pop-up error message...'svchost.exe' memory issue? please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

hey guys, today i have been getting frequent pop-up error messages just after i boot and get into windows. sometimes it takes a little longer for the message to appear and before it does, my system runs normal. but once the message pops up everything freezes. there are 3 variation of the message:

pop-up titled "svchost.exe"
'the instruction at "0x745f2780" refferenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "read".

'the instruction at "0x74989faf" refferenced memory at "0x00000040". the memory could not be "read".

and also "Generic host program for win32 encountered a problem and needs to close...etc.

could it be spyware or a hardware issue?

anyhelp is much appreciated.

cheers.

lamensterms said:
hey guys, today i have been getting frequent pop-up error messages just after i boot and get into windows. sometimes it takes a little longer for the message to appear and before it does, my system runs normal. but once the message pops up everything freezes. there are 3 variation of the message:

'the instruction at "0x745f2780" refferenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "read".

'the instruction at "0x74989faf" refferenced memory at "0x00000040". the memory could not be "read".

and also "Generic host program for win32 encountered a problem and needs to close...etc.

could it be spyware or a hardware issue?

anyhelp is much appreciated.

cheers.
I have the exact same problem with the same memory number referenced. It happened shortly after a Windows update and I have not been able to find a solution. My solution is using my laptop instead of the desktop, because one of the three variations of messages pops up and my system freezes. I'm ready to go buy a new computer, but that hardly seems logical if it was caused by a Windows upgrade. This is the ONLY reference I have found that is exactly like my problem.

grandmamarty, post your minidumps so that we can read them. I suggest another thread.

I just experienced the error discussed above with the exact error code 0x74989faf and I think that it may be a result of one or both of the two application installs that I completed. Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional and Blackberry Desktop Manager for the Model 7130. Does anyone else see this pattern or relationship? Up until those installs I had successfully completed and complete reinstall of my entire harddrive back to factory configuration with all additional software added that I had been using. No problems whatsoever for a week.

Any suggestions/ideas/feedback?

Thanks!

Post your minidumps, but I would take an educated guess and say that if you didn't have any BSODs prior to the installing of one or both softwares then I would say it is a distinct possibility they could be the culprits.

C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files -- these files are what we need. I made a folder on my desktop specifically for Minidumps so that I could readily access them when needed. When you post back attach these files like you would a Word document to an email. If you have a number of them then put them in a Zip format, usually 3 to 4 per Zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back