TechSpot

Popups, reduced speed, the whole shpeel

By vitalsine
Jan 9, 2009
  1. Hey, I started getting some popups yesterday, firefox & ie. Also, my internet speed has been reduced. Not my download speed or the connection itself, just how fast I can browse the internet. I think I have cleaned most of the virus(s) out, but just wanted to post my logs to be sure. I cleaned all the things found with Malwarebyres Anti-Malware and with Super-Anti Spyware. The HJT log is from after restart. I also did a full scan with AVG 8.0, Lavasoft Ad-Aware, and I use CC Cleaner on a regular basis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Unfortunately, you didn't clean anything!

No action taken. in Malwarebytes means you didn't follow this:
    Update and run the program again. Show me:
    SAS has a similar line:
    Please re-open HiJackThis and scan.*Check* the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis and reboot into Safe Mode:

Right click on Start> Explore> Windows> Go up to Tools> Folder options> View tab> CHECK 'show hidden files and folders'> Apply> type 'winsock32' in the searchbox without the quotes> Search> if found, do a right click> delete. Rehide the files & folders.

Reboot into Normal Mode.

Update Malwarebytes and rescan, being sure to check for the removal. Do the same with SuperAntispyware. follow with rescan of HijackThis.

Attach all three logs.

Looks like you have a Linksys router: NameServer = 192.168.1.1
    Any problems with that?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.