Portable Hard Drive Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I have a WD 120 GB Portable HD, when I plug it in, it shows up in the Device Manager, but I cant see it in Windows Explorer.

Is it possibly sharing a drive letter with something else? Right click on my computer and choose manage. Once there go to the bottom and chose disk management. From there you can see if the disk drive is actually there.

If it is you can check the drive letter. You might right click on it and Choose drive letter and paths....

I hope this helps.

poertner_1274 said:
Is it possibly sharing a drive letter with something else? Right click on my computer and choose manage. Once there go to the bottom and chose disk management. From there you can see if the disk drive is actually there.

If it is you can check the drive letter. You might right click on it and Choose drive letter and paths....

I hope this helps.

Unfortunately I don't have admin rights here. When I try to click on Disk Management, I cant see anything. But it does show up in the Device Manager.

Samstoned said:
your out of luck
only admin can fix this
hacking will only get you in trouble

Yes, at least I'm kinda friends with our IT Dept. at least I don't get the run around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back