Portable Movie Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the correct forum for my query, but this is what i want to do......
I have WAY to many DVD movies and i have nowhere to store them neatly, currently they are all stacked up in the corner of my loungeroom.

What i want to do is this - I want to back-up all my movies to some form of portable device that i can plug straight into my TV so that i watch all my movies straight from it (the portable device). Is there such a beast on the market? I would like it to have a remote control so it works like a DVD player?

Am i making sense? Basicly i want to sit on my lounge, with remote in hand, and choose from all my movies from a selection screen that the portable media unit will display on the screen?

the dvd's are encoded so the only way i know of capturing EVERYTHING from the dvd is to make iso or UDF images which need software. though tvs now have usb ports it wont know what those files are or what to do with them. great idea though. TV's that play iso files...gotta be coming soon.

thanks Bruce, im not too fussed on the special features or extras on the dics, i mean, i never watch them at all, (does anyone?) im happy just to create divx or avi files from the main feature and use that on the player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back