TechSpot

Portable Work Laptop around AUD$2000

By fastzr
Dec 24, 2009
  1. Hey, a friend of mine is looking to purchase a new laptop, he will use it just for work but travels a lot, so wants it to be portable, he'll need a fast processor something that can handle up to 50 files open at ones(I dont know how he does it) he's looking to spend up to around AUD$2000.

Thx for all the help,
    Fastzr

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,686   +86

Get HP ENVY 5 Series

3. fastzr

fastzr TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

would you consider that better than the Dell Adamo Xps?

4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,686   +86

Shoot if you want to go even better then HP EliteBook 8730w Mobile Workstation - Models still under your price range unless you go to the extreme top end which is over $3,000 USD would be 3407.35 AUD

I recommend HP then Compaq, then ACER. I still not convince about DELL even though I have repaired many DELL latitude laptops and M Series Workstation Laptop for 11 years. I own two Latitude DELL laptops I can keep them going since I can repair them and get parts for them both. They do run Windows 7 Ultimate now.

Still the DELL Adamo looks slick and very thin. But how long will it last? Can it take heavyduty I/O streams. Still DELL history I would be a bit cautious.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.