Portal 2 causing BSOD 124/101?

sockmonkey

Story:
I came here once with an older build and found it to be very helpful, hope that it still is. So here it goes;

Recently I had an urge to play Portal 2, and after installing it from steam I went to run it and it crashed immediately.
Being that I wanted to play this game really bad I attempted everything, googled around a little and found nothing but foolish answer like "update you bios" I don't see how my bios could be the issue here. After all, it does nothing after it reaches post, correct?

Well when ever I launch Portal 2 sometimes it will make it to the menu screen but when I move my mouse it does the same thing as it not making it there. As soon as it loads it BSODs with a clock interval not received second clock in allotted time or something like that its to fast really.
The problem only happens in NEW Valve games like Portal 2, SC:GO. I haven't tried any others. Oddly enough I can run Portal (1) just fine, no lag, no weird frame rate issues, its just fine.

I'm going to add the .DMP files for someone to help me better.

Things I have tried to do to fix it:
I have tried a "skidrow crakfix"
I have tried to run as admin/compatibly mode (XP SP2)
I have uninstalled my gfx drivers, and re installed them.
I have re installed chip set drivers.
Monitoring resources while game is launching and nothing is being maxed, temps are normal.

My system specs:
Asus Crosshair IV Formula (mobo)
AMD Radeon HD 6570 (GPU)
AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
500W PSU

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    107.6 KB · Views: 1
I have already re installed them once before, I have the feeling that if I do that it wont fix it, like it did the last time. Should I maybe try the beta (Sounds stupid to me) but maybe it will be worth it. I'll give your idea a shot too.

Okay, done with the fresh re install of my gpu drivers, with that I now have 2 visual c++ 2010 and 2 visual c++ 2008, should I remove the duplicates and maybe the 2008 one completely?

I'm also going to re-install Portal 2 right now.

Okay.... Maybe it is the bios, still seems a little weird, but hey, I want portal 2.

Back