TechSpot

Portal 2 pushed to 2011, E3 surprise is Portal 2-related

By Matthew
Jun 9, 2010
  1. In a press release humorously titled "Valve Announces Making Games is Hard," the Half-Life developer revealed that the sequel to 2007's wry puzzle shooter Portal won't be coming this year after all. Previously due this holiday season, Portal 2 has been delayed to an ambiguous "2011 release" window.

Read the whole story

2. eafshar

eafshar TS Rookie Posts: 86

well if its ep3 than that's greatest news of all

3. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 584   +33

But they have said it is not. Anyway this is my last comment on Valve's news until E3. Tired of the tease...just gonna wait now.

4. Puiu

Puiu TS Maniac Posts: 1,073   +100

These kind of announcements are doing a great job in creating hype. This is why Valve is one of my favorite company. Let's hope that next games they make will just as great or even better than the others.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,505   +312

I like Valve for the delays they make, they bring out very good games with a lot less bugs in when compared to "other" Game company's.

Cannot wait to see what the surprise is.

6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,565   +332

I agree with Timonius though we've fallen prey to the hype machine when they have just delayed a game. With the "surprise" pending, they better make it good, then again admitedly Valve makes great games.

7. What ever the surprise is:
    I devoutly pray to my God, every night, to keep me alive until I see and play Team Fortress 3.
    Thank you God for making me such a slaughtering 'scout'

8. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Looks like E3 is gonna have some awesome announcements :) . Was reading some speculation that the surprise might be Source 2 Engine which would be awesome, but that doesn't seem to fit all the hype imo.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.