Possible fix for XP freezing up

i have an old xp pro that i love...but its been freezing up on me at random times and really doesnt seem to have anything to do with what i am doing at the time..i have tried everything and all dead ends...it always restarts correctly after a hard shut down...enough said about that...is frustrating. yesterday i was messing with settings...i had my new monitor set to a low resolution as i like things big onscreen...i changed the setting to the highest res...and no more freeze ups.....an easy thing to try if you are having problems...hope it works for you.

yeah, for sure my fix might be a coincidence but so far i have not frozen up again. sometimes tiny little things just do not work right and make all the difference. i have looked and looked for answers to xp freeze ups and tried most of them and nothing worked. but after i made this little change i went from 5-6 freeze ups a day to none since. and my habits and activities have not changed... so like i said, if it works for you, great... and its free and easy and fast to try. good luck

Back