Possible Graphics Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, obvious first time poster, but im hoping some of you may be of assistance to my problem.

Recently, i upgraded my Hp Pavillion 9644ca's 2 gigs of ram, to 4 gigs, everything has run smoothly until a few days ago when it froze while i was playing World of Warcraft, i figured, no big deal, probably a graphics card issue, its happened to me before, so i checked my updates and sure enough a new driver was avalible through windows update, so i update it and try WoW again, runs smoothly for a while then locks again, from here my problem escalates and the computer locks with the slightest use of graphics power, its gotten to the point now where i cant even start the computer, instead of loading screens, i get weird colored bars running vertically along the screen that start to fade from the bottom right corner, and work to the top left, eventually leaving my with a black screen, unfortunately, the problem is a little deeper however, occasionally i can get it to load, the last time i thought i had corrected the problem, i ran S.T.A.L.K.E.R to test it, and it ran for a while but died again.

Ultimately, I hope i can recover my hard drive and wipe the computer, but any ideas before i take that step would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back