Possible memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantom

I recently had some memory problems on my pc. I had a 512 mb RAM, PC 3200 400 mhz DDR, 184 pin module. I ran memtest and it failed the tests so i went out and purchased 2 Kingston KVR400AK2, 512 mg RAM, PC 3200 400mhz DDR, 184 pin. The motherbaord is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. I formatted the hard drive and i am trying to install a fresh copy of windows but the system seems rather sluggish. The HD is already formatted. I read the ASUS manual and i placed the memory in slots 1 and 3. Any ideas?

DID you install the motherboard drivers? are there any devices in device manager that show a yellow question mark or Yellow triangle next ot them?

memory problem

this is while windows is being installed..the time line says 28 minutes until windows is installed but it takes hours..they windows install ran overnight to install it and when windows finally booted it was also slow. Examples; are opening windows explorer, clicking on icons, etc. This has nothing to do with drivers and device manager.

First of al you are mistaken if yuo think that a device not working properly or not having it's driver installed wont affect the performance of your machine.

now that you have booted into windows, have you installed the mobo drivers?

Also you might want to boot into the bios and set it to "default settings or failsafe defaults" this will increase it's compaitability with any problematic hardware if it is hardware causing your problem.

memory problem

ISS..i understand your point but the last time i installed the OS on this system it ran so much faster before i installed my mobo drivers.

The mobo you have was plagued with alot of problems in the beginning but I think they have worked out most of them with bios updates and updated drivers. is your board running the latest available bios and drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back