Possible to install Mac on a Windows computer?

By IronOre
Jul 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey,

Is it possible to install MAC on my computer (and how/where to get it)?
    I never saw an installion CD/DVD, but I'm not sure if they exist.
    I dont want to buy an expensive Apple computer/laptop because I already have one.

Here are my computer details:

(from dxdiag)

System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: ADM Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+, MMX, 3DNow (2CPUS)
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Grapichs: NIVIDIA GeForce 6200
    Sound: C-Media CM6501 Like Sound Device

Will it possible to run/install Mac on those specs?
  2. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +97

We do not allow the discussion of how to install Apple's OS X operating system onto Windows based PCs and computers as it is in violation of their EULA.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,250   +214

Its not MAC, thats Media Access Control, and is used as an id for a network interface controller.

AMD makes processors not ADM which is Archer Daniels Midland, a grain company (with other fingers).

I don't know what NIVIDIA is, but nvidia does graphics. Perhaps you meant that.

To get to something slightly more helpful - OS X does have true (well until Lion) install CD/DVDs. And, yes its probably possible in a limited and restricted or non upgradeable form. But this is not the forum for that kind of help. Do a google for hackintosh or osx86 there are a couple well established places that you'll find with those search terms that can give you some guidance.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.