Possible to replace my graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey
this is my first post...and first of all just wanted to say hello, and this is a pretty awesome site.
I recently bought a laptop (HP Pavilion DV 1000) for college. It has a Mobile Intel Extreme Graphics 2 Card. I bought this computer knowing that i would not be able to play a lot of new games such as Counter Strike Source which i played a lot on my home computer. Now i am regretting this decision and am trying to figure out if it is possible to change my graphics card. The thing is it is integrated with my mother board and according to HP its not possible to change this. But i figure there is prolly some way to change the graphics card and was wondering if you guys knew how to do this?
thanks in advance for any help....

Check the motherboard and see if it has a AGP slot. Way of knowing this is that it will be the first slot(closest to CPU) and it will be positioned farther to the right than the other slots. IF your computer has one you can turn off the integrated video in your BIOS and install that one.

No, you cannot change the embedded graphics. Well, in theory one can do wonders with a soldering iron and hacking the BIOS code, but in real world this is impossible.

Unfortunately, notebook computers are not that upgradable. I have heard that some notebooks do have upgradable graphic cards, but as far as I know, HP is not one of those companies offering this type of motherboard.

EDIT: beet to the punch by Nodsu. :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back