Possible upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_K

Hi guys i am just wondering what can i do to squeeze out more FPS when playing games? I run WoW with about 30-35fps with everything on HIGH apart from Shadow Quality as it looks lame. In raids i have about 15fps and about 50 with everything on low.

So my question is what upgrades shall i get in-terms of getting more FPS and running latest games? I don't want to buy a new computer and i don't want to waste too much money (i have around 100-150 quid.

I run Windows XP 32 bit (my pc can run 64bit) and i heared that you cant get more RAM then 4gb as i have 4gb but it only shows around 3.2 gb of RAM. Shall i get new graphics card? processor? more ram?

Here are my PC specs: If you need more information please ask :)

Operating System:
Windows 2.5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)

CPU Type:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200 (2.21 GHz)

CPU Speed (GHz):

System Memory (GB):
3.249GB / 4GB

Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Video Card Driver:
nv4_disp.dll

Desktop Resolution:
1280x1024

Hard Disk Size1 (GB):

Hard Disk Free Space1 (GB):

Hard Disk Size2 (GB):

Hard Disk Free Space2 (GB):

Power Supply:
400W

ISP:
Virgin Media / Blueyonder, 2mb Broadband Cable, 1.1mb average download speeds.

PS:

Are there tweaks that i could do to my PC like changing stuff in BIOS or downloading / updating software? I have general knowledge with computers too so i am not a MEGA newbie but in middle. I am going to get CoD6 so i will see if i can run that just fine on high graphics... probs not. I had All Points Bulletin and had most stuff on low and it was about 20fps most times... sometimes less if there was alot of effects going around (explosions etc...)

Thanks in advance :)

One more question, shall i change to 64bit or stay 32bit? Those 64bit require better system so if i go 64bit will it be slower?

Here is an update as well as a bump.

I have ASUS M4N78 SE motherboard so just wondering what graphics card should i get instead of the one i have stated in previous post to increase FPS and what processor etc...

Or shall i go to PC world or other computer shop and have them scan through my PC and tell me which upgrade would be ideal?

bumpti bump up you go

Sorry about the wait.
You need to be more specific about your powersupply.
The best thing to spend you money on is to just upgrade your graphics card.
Can you name a budget?

Or shall i go to PC world or other computer shop and have them scan through my PC and tell me which upgrade would be ideal?
No, don't do that, they'll just tell you its trash and have you buy one of theirs.

Well i currently saving for a wakeboard but after that i will save for a graphics card. My budget will be around 150 pounds more or less dont know yet ^^.

Here is a pic of my power supply xD

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6070/imgp1066x.jpg

and if thats too bright got one without a flash

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7652/imgp1069k.jpg

Hope this helps =P, also yeh PC World is bit meh.... i bought a adapter for my monitor and it costed like 20 pounds .... went and bought another one for 4 pounds ><.....I guess the packaging in PC World was worth 16 pounds and the actual adapter like 4 ><

dammm... well my mum is going to go to America for visit maybe il go with her so i can grab it from there.

Anyway thanks for your help mate, realy appreciate it :) I am mega noob when i comes to PC upgrades ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back