Possible Video Card Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I am not very computer savvy, so please keep it as simple as possible...Thanks!

Okay, about two weeks ago, my power supply went out, so I bought a Dynex 400w replacement and had it installed. Turned the pc on, but never explored any further than that. About a week ago, I tried logging into WoW and after about two minutes of play, my pc completely died, no warning, no error message, nothing. So I tried another game (The Sims 3), same result, but after ten minutes instead. When I stream music/videos, no problems, and playing browser games don't seem to affect it either. I have updated the drivers for my card (nvidia GeForce 7600 GT) and downloaded a program to watch the temps. The temps never went above the max or below the min.

I have heard that sometimes when a power supply goes out, it can take other hardware with it.

Someone help! lol

Thanks so much!

When you buy new parts you should definately do research first. I wouldnt recommend that brand of psu at all. I know they sell them at BestBuy and I stay away from them.

Maybe the card isn't getting enough juice from the PSU. Though I know its got the minimum power rating required by the 7600GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back