TechSpot

Possible Virus - I have tried everything

By StormShriver
Nov 13, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been having problems with my computer lately. Every single time I start my laptop up (the system information is attached as a .txt file for your convience) a strange thing happens. My 'My Documents' window always pops up, every time I start the system. As soon as I log in, the window that shows all of my documents appears. I thought it was a virus or something, so I followed all the steps and cleaned out my system. Then I restarted, and it was still appearing. So I did a complete scan of everything. Attached are the logs and .txt files with the results of my scans. Let me know if you would like more information!

-Storm Shriver

2. mflynn

mflynn TS Rookie Posts: 2,793

Hi Storm

Run HJT Scan only select for removal the below

O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)

You really have no malware just a misconfiuration.

Get this: http://mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Run it find My Documents and delete it from starting.

Mike

3. StormShriver

StormShriver TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

I have deleted those registry files from Hijack this. But My Documents was not in the startup programs on that software link you included. Is this okay?

And I just restarted my computer and the documents window came back up automatically again. So it is still doing it. Help!! :)

4. mflynn

5. StormShriver

Alright. The text file is attached to this post! Thanks again!

6. mflynn

7. StormShriver

Yeah. Thank you for helping me and it worked!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.