TechSpot

Possible Virus - I have tried everything

By StormShriver
Nov 13, 2008
  1. I have been having problems with my computer lately. Every single time I start my laptop up (the system information is attached as a .txt file for your convience) a strange thing happens. My 'My Documents' window always pops up, every time I start the system. As soon as I log in, the window that shows all of my documents appears. I thought it was a virus or something, so I followed all the steps and cleaned out my system. Then I restarted, and it was still appearing. So I did a complete scan of everything. Attached are the logs and .txt files with the results of my scans. Let me know if you would like more information!

-Storm Shriver

2. mflynn

mflynn TS Rookie Posts: 2,655

Hi Storm

Run HJT Scan only select for removal the below

O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)

You really have no malware just a misconfiuration.

Get this: http://mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Run it find My Documents and delete it from starting.

Mike

3. StormShriver

StormShriver TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

I have deleted those registry files from Hijack this. But My Documents was not in the startup programs on that software link you included. Is this okay?

And I just restarted my computer and the documents window came back up automatically again. So it is still doing it. Help!! :)

4. mflynn

5. StormShriver

Alright. The text file is attached to this post! Thanks again!

6. mflynn

7. StormShriver

Yeah. Thank you for helping me and it worked!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.