Potential motherboard failure? All signs point to yes

History:
**The computer I am referring to was personally built and has run flawlessly for nearly 3 years now**
I ordered a new Hard Drive and began copying all my current hard drives files to an external. After leaving it be for hours, I came back to my computer being completely shut down. When I tried to power it on again I got nothing, and saw that my PSU fan blades were sputtering, as if the unit failed. Consequently, I ordered a new PSU and replaced the broken one.

Unfortunately, now when I try to power my computer on it cannot even get into BIOS, just a black screen. All I can get out of it is properly running CPU and Graphics Card fans as well as solid red lights on my Graphics Card.

I've done a combined total of roughly 5 hours of research/troubleshooting without any luck whatsoever. Here's a list of what I have tried without any progress:

- Swapping out PSU's with another machine that works completely fine
- Swapping out Graphics Cards with the same machine
- Replacing the CMOS battery
- Attempting to boot with only the basics (MOBO, CPU, Hard Drive, PSU, one stick of RAM) .. being sure to reset CMOS as needed
- I have attempted replacing the CPU, Graphics Card, RAM sticks, and Hard Drive and my symptoms have not changed

To my knowledge, I've tried everything I can.. mostly because I have been reading for hours. From my personal experience, I'd say the motherboard was fried for some unknown reason due to the fact that I get no "beeps" and cannot reach even the BIOS setup.

I guess what I am looking for is a little reassurance. I want to replace the motherboard, but I don't want to spend money in doing so and have the same problem occur with a brand new piece of hardware. Any comments or help would greatly be appreciated

your ram also could be at fault here because it is one of the first thing to post once you hit the power button and can cause this problem if it is bad.

That's what I originally thought, but I have 4 sticks of RAM that I tested individually and they all yielded the same result

Also, I read somewhere that the motherboard should be able to boot to BIOS with the on-board RAM so I tried booting without any RAM and still got nothing

Back