Power fan and chassis fan not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a few random warning beeps while I was on the computer this morning. Looked up on Google and found a suggestion that it may be a temperature problem, that a fan was not working. So I looked a Asus Probe and se that it says that the temperature is ok, CPU fan is ok, power fan and chassis fan are "paused" and have a status of 0. What does this mean, please? And what do I need to do about it, in very simple language please...

Barbara

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

By power fan, do you mean the fan inside the psu(power supply unit)?

If you do, then your psu is about to fail and should be replaced immediately, before if goes altogether and takes some of your valuable components with it.

Do a physical check to see if the fans in question are actually stopped. You should be able to tell simply by placing your hand near the fans.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Dear Howard, I have atttached a screenshot of what the Asus probe says.... I have no idea what fan they are talking about or where I might find it to see if it is working.... oh dear - what happens if it stops working?

Barbara

My husband says I am fussing unnecessarily. He says perhaps I do not have the fans that are mentioned.

Barbara

Attachments

• probe.jpg
    probe.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
Ah, that makes thing a bit clearer.

A small piece of thin paper held between you thumb and finger and placed near the fans, will quickly let you see if the fans are running.

The chassis fan is your case fan. This could be located on the front, side or rear of your case. It could be sucking air into your case(intake) or blowing air out of your case(exhaust).

Do the same with your psu fan, it should be blowing warm air out of the psu. This will be located at the rear of your computer, near to where the power lead is connected.

I think you`ll find that the fans in question are actually running ok.

In which case, I don`t think you actually have a problem at all. I just think that your case and psu fans aren`t picked up by the Asus probe programme.

Just seen your other post. It is quite possible you don`t have a chassis fan, but you will have a fan inside your psu.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back