Power still supplied to USB/Ps2 after system shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have an annoying problem where my usb/ps2 devices are still on after I shutdown my computer. I have a AMD 3000+ thats on a fairly all integrated foxcomm motherboard (integ. video, sound). I don't know if this issue is with my mb or my power supply.

I have a ps2 optical mouse and a usb mp3 connected to my computer...and I want them to be off when I shutdown my computer (WinXPSp2).. ..I see their lights on all the time. I never had this problem with my old computer. I know a friend of mine that alse has this issue. So basically if I turn of the switch (1, 0) on the back of my power supply, every thing turns off...I don't want do that all the time though....

If I change the power supply will that make it behave differently? - or is it a motherboard design?

Thanks

Motherboard model number?

Either a BIOS setting or jumper on the motherboard, this is OK and normal most times and why there is a +5VSB.

Do you have PS/2 or USB device power up enabled? Wake on LAN or similar settings?

Sharam said:
Motherboard model number?

Either a BIOS setting or jumper on the motherboard, this is OK and normal most times and why there is a +5VSB.

Do you have PS/2 or USB device power up enabled? Wake on LAN or similar settings?

Its a Foxcomm Winfast K8S760MG-6LRS .. ..I will check the BIOS settings ...

I have seen this problem before on AMD based mobos's mostly on via chipsets though.( and I am assuming that the S in your mobo description stands for SIS) the problem is usually remidied by going into the bios and disabling the setting often listed as "wake on lan"

iss said:
I have seen this problem before on AMD based mobos's mostly on via chipsets though.( and I am assuming that the S in your mobo description stands for SIS) the problem is usually remidied by going into the bios and disabling the setting often listed as "wake on lan"

Ok, I went into the bios and checked all acpi wake-on and suspend options. They are all disabled. There is some S1 and S3 option for the ACPI Suspend mode that I really don't know about .. I checked the manual and it says:

---------
USB 2.0 Ports...
Supports wake-up from S1 and S3 mode

ACPI Suspend Type (Default: S3(STR))
This option is used to set the energy saving mode of the ACPI function.
When you select “S1 (POS)” mode, the power will not shut off and the
supply status will remain as it is, in S1 mode the computer can be resumed
at any time. When you select “S3 (STR)” mode, the power will be cut off after
a delay period. The status of the computer before it enters STR will be saved
in memory, and the computer can quickly return to previous status when the
STR function wakes. When you select “S1 & S3” mode, the system will
automatically select the delay time.
---------

I tried all the different options and still the power on the usb ports is on... any suggestions?

you might try contacting the mobo maker and see if they can tell you how to deal with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back