Power supply fan running too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisar Muhammad

hello guys....

Yesterday i installed the latest directx setup for win xp from microsoft website.After installing direct X i noticed that each time i play a game like cs 1.6 or nfs mostwanted (any else) my systems power supply fan start running too fast so that any one aroud can hear it...and when i quit the game the speed of power supply fan come to normal again...and one more thing this problem occured before but when i installed the direct x version which came with my motherboard drivers cd the problem was solved but now as i have installed a more latest direct x version i cannot rollback to the older direct x.So is there any sloution for this problem.Since the problem started i m not playing any gamed because my system's temperature increases a lot due to it.....here is my system configuration...

Intel p4 processor 3.0 ghz
Intel d945gccr motherboard
512 DDR2 RAM 667 [BUS SPEED]
And a 250 watts power supply....

You have upgraded your video and audio DirectX software and it is now making your poor little 250 watt psu sweat bullets to run better software - maybe!

You should check that your internal components are dust free, that your vents are clean, and that your fans are all running.

I do know that processing graphics is an intensive action and could lead to higher temperatures and greater power use. Whether that is your issue I don't know since I am an internet helper, not a shop owner.

Try setting your graphics quality and acceleration to the lowest available and see if that slows the fan.

:)

What video card and what brand and wattage PSU are you using. When video cards and other components run at max performance, things start sucking power, and/or the increased heat can cause the PSU fan to kick it up. It is only doing so because it has to. There is most likely nothing wrong with your PSU itself, it is just likely underpowered.

Post back those specs and we will be able to diagnose more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back