TechSpot

Power supply issue

By metalronin
May 23, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello i recently tried to plug in a case fan and my power supply sputters or so it seems and doesnt kick on all the way it freaked me out so i unplugged it. the conector where the fan went in was a bit wierd to me like it was pushing the whole thing into the psu not just onto the pins i didnt think of this till after the sputtering but needless to say i think my psu is shorting or sumthing please help

PSU

Mobo

Case
    xfx 8800 gts,gskill 2gigs of ram,sata lightscribe asus,seagate sata hardrive
  2. johnlvs2run

johnlvs2run TS Rookie Posts: 28

I'd take out the power supply, open it up and see what it looks like inside.

Make sure the fan is designed to fit with that particular power supply.
  3. metalronin

metalronin TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 47

i thought about that but isnt it dangerous to do that i heard the capacitor can hold a deadly charge long after being unplugged...also the fans connectors matched the slots in the psu marked "Peripherals" and the case said the fans should use those slots
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.