Power supply..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your computer comes with a 300watt ATX power supply so any of the units listed on that website will fit. From that short list I would go with the “Antec TruePower II-380 Watt PSU” as it offers the best quality at a reasonable price. Though you could probably get away with the “Power Supply 550W Hairong” in your system.

My comp only comes with 200 Watt power supply :p]

and will the 380 watt power supply be powerfull enough to run my gfx card? the new one im getting?

256 MB ATI Radeon x800GTO (AGP)

The Acer website says its a 300 watt unit and if it is the x800GTO (AGP) should run fine with it. That said the x800GTO (AGP) will certainly work fine with a 380watt unit.

At full throttle the X800GTO uses just under 50watts of power.

Yes I know it does, but 6 months after i got my comp the power supply blew up, and they did an on site repair and must have replaced it with the one i have now..

Any antec PSU should be fine, another cheaper brand is fortron (FSP group) either of these brands, any of there power supplies should work if theyre above 300-350W.

Almost all psu's fit into a standard ATX case, so it should fit no problem. What is a problem is that the site doesn't show the specs for this particular psu. I tried to google it and it only shows up on the nintek site. A similar psu on newegg has 18A on the 12 volt line, which is pretty low.
One very similar to this: http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2138 shows 25 amps at newegg.
Otherwise this would be a good one: http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2143 has 32 amps.

I cant buy stuff from Newegg they dont ship to australia.. and what specs do you ned to know about the Thermaltake one?

I actually linked you to a couple of decent ones at the site you provided before. They are a bit more expensive, but are of high quality and have the power you need.

Yup, it fine. That is the first one I linked to btw. You may want to check with one of the other members here (korupt). He just built a new system and I think he purchased from newegg. He lives in Perth.

heres a great site for finding a store in order of prices (low to high type of thing).. kinda similar to shopbot etc. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one that you can order over the net or go localy.

www.staticice.com.au <- note the .au people :)

Techspot is a tech site with a forum.. Newegg is a popular shop (mainly for the USA) where they probably have items that are cheaper to purchase there than in most shops.. Its like MSY (except its an actual shop..) here at the brisbane-sydney-melbourne area etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back