Powerpoint XPv2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybergirl

Hello everyone -- I installed the same office XP 2002 to all computers at work. However, in some computers when selecting a clipart picture, this comes as a movie instead of as a picture. In other words, JPEG files come as movies in some computers when they come as pictures in others. I want to keep the JPEG files as pictures. Please any idea????

If you select the from clipart when searching for clipart images, the search engine will look at the 'net for images. If you search for images from file it will take you to the My Pictures folder. jpegs are jpegs and cannot be movies.
Are we going in the right direction here?

Albert Lion heart -- when I insert one of the images from the net into the slide, a msg comes up saying
"Do you want your movie to play automatically in the slide show? If not, it will play when click it"
Any idea why this is happening??

Yes I did!! The pictures coming from the net are the ones that when inserted in a slide, they become movies!!! I was becoming to think that there might be some internet settings that make this happen; however, I restored default internet settings in the computer without any luck!!!

Funny thing is that when using clipart from the path: Format/Slide Layout/Layout Content The clipart that when inserted came as a movie, now it appears as a regular picture (what I want from the Insert toolbar).
I am frustrated!!! Please Help!!!

This one has got me. Really strange - I cannot replicate it on my system.
This only happens on some of your machines at work - so what is it about the machines that have the problem? Different AV or AS? Different O/S? Different default country or language settings?
Anything?

AlbertLionHeart -- Thanks for replying. All computers have Windows 2000, MS Office XP Standard for students and teacher version 2002, they all are from IBM, USA and English are default country and language.
The difference I have found so far is in the clipart insert box, down to other search options: "search in" and "results should be"
I have saved a word document with those settings; do you mind if I send it to you?? I will need your email address, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back