TechSpot

PQI releases world's smallest USB 3.0 flash drive

By Emil
May 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. PQI has released what it calls the world's lightest, thinnest, shortest, and smallest USB 3.0 flash drive: the Intelligent Drive U819V. The 3 centimeter product is capable of very high…

Read the whole story

2. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

This looks awesome! Any idea when they will be available?

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 972   +52

Considering my largest flash drive is 2GB, I'm probably overdue for an upgrade. This thing looks cool, but I too would be worried about losing it.

4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Glad it has a lifetime warranty because lots of these super tiny USB flash devices have or develop errors very quickly.

5. madboyv1

Too bad the warranty does not cover being lost or stolen. XD

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,685   +333

Wonder what the sustained write speed is. Would be nice to replace my 16 gig with a 32 and see something in the 60+ meg a sec range.

7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Easy solution. Cut off the tip of your thumb, and attach the drive to the remainder via monofilament wire. Safe, secure, and you'll never have to worry about Udo Kier getting too close.

8. madboyv1

Eh... I need my thumb. My pinky finger however... hmmmmmmm...

On that note, if I ever had to have a finger amputated, I'd probably want a prosthetic that doubled as a screwdriver or flash drive. =p

9. Whoaman

Whoaman TS Rookie Posts: 71

Specs?

USB 3 means a useless gimmick if the drive can't use the extra bandwidth in the first place (duh).

Read\Write specs please, otherwise a waste of a news article.

10. Not at all... It's a news article, not a review. You've been given the news about it, now go forth and find the specs. yourself.

11. Whoaman

Whoaman TS Rookie Posts: 71

Barely. By your standards, EVERYTHING is news.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.