Pre-owned laptops

nofear6235

Hey guys, question here.
I am looking for inexpensive laptop. My family member works for IBM and can get employee discount price for pre-owned machine with 3 month warranty and 7 days money back.
Most of the model they have currently is Lenovo ThinkPad and I see one Dell Latitude 620.
The price vary of course depending of the machine internals but in range $204 for 14.1" Lenovo ThinkPad T42 with Intel Pentium M735 1.70 GHz processor and all way to $652 Lenovo ThinkPad W500 with Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2.80 GHz.
Dell Latitude 620 is Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz and cost $431.
It is many other lower priced laptops in between.
The main purpose for this comp is to be WIFI, browse the web, use basic windows applications and so on. Nothing heavy. Important thing is to have quick, reliable machine.
No gaming plans on it.
Do you have a suggestions on particular model from Lenovo ThinkPad line that IBM offering, or I should look some place else, and get a new laptop?
Thanks in advance,
Alex

I see no one has ventured in to this post.
Since they all have a 90 day warrantee it would be your personal preference.
However if you check newegg and tigerdirect and even Amazon you can find new notebooks for that price.

I see no one has ventured in to this post.
Since they all have a 90 day warrantee it would be your personal preference.
However if you check newegg and tigerdirect and even Amazon you can find new notebooks for that price.

Thank you for reply and advise. I agree with you on getting new notebook vs pre-owned. The price difference for similar machine after all not such a big difference.
Several days ago I finalize my research and use earlier credit for returned item from the Best Buy.
I bought new Lenovo IdeaPad Laptop / Intel® Core™ i3 Processor laptop, 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory / 500GB Hard Drive for $499.
I think it's a good deal, besides these $$$$ were spent long time ago and not included in the family budget:)
Here what I got:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+...ategoryId=pcmcat196200050013&id=1218255560219
Alex

I would say you did great. 64-bit W7 expandable to 8GB. Plus you probably have a 3 year warrantee instead of 3 months.
bravo!

I would say you did great. 64-bit W7 expandable to 8GB. Plus you probably have a 3 year warrantee instead of 3 months.
bravo!
Yeah, I noticed that (possibility for adding the RAM up to 8GB).
Warranty only one year, but it's still much better then 3 month, plus I started from the new (not abused (possibility) by some one)) machine to begin!

Back