Presario f700 laptop goes on offline mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOS !! I have a Compaq Presario f700 running on vista & we are using a belkin wireless router with high speed dsl at home. it goes on offline mode frequently & it is very frustrating. Most times, it is on offline mode as we turn it on in the morning & other times, in the middle of sending an email or browsing the net if just freezes & a little window opens up giving a choice of stay offline or connect. When I choose connect, it shows connecting to a phone number that is not recognizable & still it stays offline. I usually go to the tools bar & by pressing that I see that the offline mode has been chosen(not by me), and when I remove the check mark next to the offline, it connects, however, recently, that seems to not work neither. I am not very knowledgeable with using the right technical words for things, so forgive me!! PLEASE ADVICE.

Hi

if your browser is trying to connect via a phone number, then you may be infected with a virus of some kind...

You need to go to the virus section of this forum and follow the tried and trusted advice of the professionals on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back