Presario no AGP :(, so can i change mobo processor cheaply and without complications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i bought a Compaq Presario SR1103WM ( $498 ) , from Wal-Mart.

Now i now find out the damn thing does not have a agp slot in it , so am wondering is it possible to put a new Motherboard into it ?.
Currently it has a 2.53gig processor in it. It has a celeron D 325 processor in it and 256k pc 2700 of ram ( sdram ).

If i can change the moither board what would be a compatible combo set ? , i know i would need to have a processor installed on the new mobo , i was looking for maybe the same processing speed or maybe a little higher if the price isnt extreme. Am prepared to spend around no more than $110 for the Mobo and processor ( already installed on the board ).

I thought Presarios were laptops...

Anyway, with a recent enough nmachines like that you could change just the motherboard, but you'd need to replace all the integrated peripherals on the board, e.g. graphics, sound, network if they weren't on the new board. The RAM and CPU are both recent enough to still be in the same form factor.

However, I've no concept of US prices there days so I'll leave it to some of the north american contingent to give you exact product suggestions.

Additional costs

Additionally, if Windows came with the machine, it's an OEM copy and you'll need to purchase a new full copy of Win XP to use on the motherboard (trust me, I did the same thing you wish and they made me buy a new one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back