TechSpot

I have an eMachines T3642 and need to know if I can change the processor

By farrentodd
Sep 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Please let me know I like the amd brand and cant afford much but would like to make it better if I can and if I can change it what can I put in it the mother board is a MCP61SM2MA gateway is the manufaturer bios name is phoenix-award workstation bios v6.00pg the processor is a AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 4000+ the CPU id is AMD64 family 15 Model 95 stepping 3 the socket designation is a socket AM2 if you need any more let me know

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,094   +1,521

3. farrentodd

farrentodd TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 28

That is the mother board the only listing of the motherboard I get from a system program and all it is telling me is mcp61sm2ma nothing else how do I find out the othere numbers so I can get the right cpu and will it help a lot or not much

4. cliffordcooley

There should be a full model number printed on the motherboard, often located somewhere by the CPU socket.

5. farrentodd

What I can find is the number MCP61SM2MA-RS2H it says winfast

And what would be the top prossor I can use and what bio;s will I have to download for it and how do I flash the bios to get the new prossor to work thank you for all the help
    :)

6. cliffordcooley

7. farrentodd

8. cliffordcooley

9. farrentodd

Thanks for your help om what would be the best one for the best rezolts on my pc and are you shure my bios will be fine

10. farrentodd

11. farrentodd

12. farrentodd

13. cliffordcooley

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.