TechSpot

Presario Power Problem

By drewtrax
Mar 24, 2008
  1. Thanks in advance to anybody that helps or points me in the right direction....

I have a compaq presario 2100. It wont power up......The power chord started heating up at the tip at first (enough to melt the plastic around the hole)....... then after a while the tip fell off.....so i started using a chord from a hp that worked well with my compaq same heat problem was happening... about a month I noticed that my compaq wasent charging so i tried yet another chord that was know to work with my laptop and still no charge... I think my power source has gone out is there any place i could get this fixed at?

The computer itself works fine but my battery ran out of power so i can turn it on anymore

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. drewtrax

drewtrax TS Rookie Topic Starter

there is nothing wrong with the battery... my computer doesnt accept power from the power chord anymore.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,268   +92

The power jack soldered to your motherboard might be experiencing issues. Unless you're confident enough to disassemble your laptop entirely, unsolder the jack and solder a new one on, bring it to a shop for repairs.

5. drewtrax

drewtrax TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks! I might end up doing it by myself and if i break it i will put it on ebay for parts.

6. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.