Presario V6000 won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster with a huge problem....
I have a Compaq Presario V 6000 notebook. In the last two weeks it all of a sudden shut the screen off maybe 10 times. I was on it last night and no problems. This morning I went to get on and the power was off, strange I thought. I went to power it on and all the LED turned on for a second, then nothing. This happens every time I push the power button....the LEDs turn on for a second then off. Every now and then the LED's will stay on for 10-15 seconds, but no booting, no fan, nothing else.

I have tried messing with the cord and battery, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with either. I have tried reseatting the memory, did not help.

I After trying to power it up for a good hour, it all of a sudden started for me, so I thought problem solved. After spending about 2 hours on it, it automatically shut down and now will not start again.

Any other ideas?

Update.....

Last night I called HP tech support and spent about 2 hours on the phone talking with techs in India. After repeating myself numerous times, and having them repeat themselves numerous times I was able to get to the software department. After a few troubleshooting tips (that I had already tried) I was told I was going to be forwarded to the hardware department. I was on hold for about 15 minutes and just about to hang up the phone....when it was answered and I was told they would be sending me a FedEx box and labels to ship the CPU to an HP service center and have it returned to me at no cost. No more questions about the warranty...which it is no longer under or anything else.

I hope this works, I might take back all the bad things I said about HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back