Pressing any key to boot from cd restarts my computer need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am trying reformat my computer. The message comes up saying press any key to boot from cd. I press a key. It restarts. I press nothing and it boots windows. No matter what key I press, it restarts and brings me back to the same screen.
using a dvd rw drive. I can show you the link of the copy of windows I downloaded off of the pirate bay dot org but I cant put a link on this thread for some reason.

I burnt it .iso, there are no scratches on the disk.
when I put it in my drive when in windows it recognizes the dvd

I dont see what I could possibly do different. Please help, I really suck at this stuff and my computer is in such need of a format. Thanks

Hi
as a newbie you cant post links, as for getting stuff of the PB thats not clever as virus writers take a good image and make it bad, you then download it and bingo your infected with whatever is on it.

My first advice is to get hold of a proper copy of XP, one that is gold and has the hologram on it, you can get these from most PC shops or from ebay.

the version you have downloaded, may either be, incorrectly burnt and as such wont boot, or just a copy of the files on a cd and as such isnt bootable.

if and when you get a bootable disk and it still wont boot heres why

to boot from a CD

the cd unit has to conform to a specific standard, some units dont and as such cant be used a a bootable device.

however it may just be set wrong.

look at the back of the cd unit and find the jumpers for setting it to slave,master or cable select, try setting the jumper to either one and see if it boots.

Try another CD unit if it still fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back