TechSpot

Previous WD hard drive 500GB could not be recognized as it always

By MrEricsmith
Mar 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I have to say I am a little worried about my hard drive. Often I bought it for the purpose to protect my game videos, and some program files. For a long time, it behaved rightly with my HP windows 7 desktop when directly used. Sometimes ago I decided to let this old PC alone and bought a Macbook pro. The latter has no such a SATA interface for me to input the data from this drive. For the convenience, I borrowed this SATA dock from my brother . ( I have to admit previously I once use another dock to exchange the data . )

My mac just could not recognize my drive as a normal one. I am not sure where the problem lies in. The key is that other drives have no similar issue with this dock. I wonder if anything happen before in the process I handle the data with another dock.

Grateful for any advice.
  2. MrEricsmith

MrEricsmith Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yeah. At present I have no such another one to have a try. I will turn to my friend see if any gadget he has to test my drive.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,493   +292

Explain what you mean there.

What version of OS X?
  4. MrEricsmith

MrEricsmith Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I referred to the behavior of the drive. Not the whole data present no matter how many times I plug and unplug and even reboot. It seems that part of the data is lost. The version of OS X is Mac OS X 10.9.Mavericks
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,493   +292

If it can read it at all it should see all the files, this doesn't make sense to me. What if you use a different dock - does OS X see it fine then?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.