Previous WD hard drive 500GB could not be recognized as it always

I have to say I am a little worried about my hard drive. Often I bought it for the purpose to protect my game videos, and some program files. For a long time, it behaved rightly with my HP windows 7 desktop when directly used. Sometimes ago I decided to let this old PC alone and bought a Macbook pro. The latter has no such a SATA interface for me to input the data from this drive. For the convenience, I borrowed this SATA dock from my brother . ( I have to admit previously I once use another dock to exchange the data . )

My mac just could not recognize my drive as a normal one. I am not sure where the problem lies in. The key is that other drives have no similar issue with this dock. I wonder if anything happen before in the process I handle the data with another dock.

Grateful for any advice.

Explain what you mean there.

What version of OS X?
I referred to the behavior of the drive. Not the whole data present no matter how many times I plug and unplug and even reboot. It seems that part of the data is lost. The version of OS X is Mac OS X 10.9.Mavericks

If it can read it at all it should see all the files, this doesn't make sense to me. What if you use a different dock - does OS X see it fine then?

Back