TechSpot

PriceWatch vendors legitimate?

By dank7737
Jul 21, 2002
  1. Legitamate Website?

I am looking to buy a monitor for my new comp. Pricewatch.com came up with a good price for me at www.partspc.com
    have any of you heard anything about this site or know it its safe to buy from? i dont wanna get ripped off. Thanks

2. dank7737

dank7737 TS Rookie Topic Starter

3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 980

What brand, size, & what type of monitor?
    Check the vendors' ratings.
    Check their policy.
    Check their website to feel them out.

For the most part, vendors are pretty decent or they get booted off by the service.
    TechSpot PriceGrabber
    www.newegg.com is still my favorite.

4. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

Ive had great luck with Mwave and Newegg. Newegg has the best prices and Ive been getting all my stuff from them for 2 years with no problems.

5. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

I would imagine all of them are legitimate (Otherwise they would have probably been reported and removed), but whether they are "good" or not is a different story.

From my experience, pricewatch does have some unreputable dealers. However, you never know until you either get first hand experience or hear from someone else's misfortune.

Here's places that I've been fairly happy with ordering (in the US only):

#1 on my list for prices and service:
    www.newegg.com

Some of the others I've order from and haven't had any bad experiences from are:

www.directron.com
    www.mwave.com
    www.tigerdirect.com
    www.axiontech.com
    www.pcmods.com

Another computer shopping directory similiar to pricewatch is www.ibuyer.net. Their prices are sometimes slightly higher and selection seems more limited, but the quality of dealers is exceptional.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.