PriceWatch vendors legitimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank7737

Legitamate Website?

I am looking to buy a monitor for my new comp. Pricewatch.com came up with a good price for me at www.partspc.com
have any of you heard anything about this site or know it its safe to buy from? i dont wanna get ripped off. Thanks

What brand, size, & what type of monitor?
Check the vendors' ratings.
Check their policy.
Check their website to feel them out.

For the most part, vendors are pretty decent or they get booted off by the service.
TechSpot PriceGrabber
www.newegg.com is still my favorite.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/info_memtermsofuse.php/ut=40fc8dc0744d5218/
MERCHANT REVIEWS
You may post Merchant Reviews on the Site to describe your shopping experiences with merchants. You may post Merchant Reviews only about merchants from whom you have actually purchased or attempted to purchase products by using the Site. You may post no more than one review of a particular merchant on the Site in any thirty (30) day period. You agree not to use a false or misleading email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise provide any misleading information as to the origin of any Merchant Reviews that you post on the Site. Any Merchant Reviews that you post on the Site are subject to the conditions and restrictions described in the Content section of this Agreement (see below). PriceGrabber at its sole discretion may omit any Merchant Reviews that it suspects violates any requirements herein. You are required to have a confirmed e-mail address for your Member Account in order to post a Merchant Review.

Member Ratings.
Any Buyer may post a rating of any Seller on the Site with whom that Buyer has actually transacted, and any Seller may post a rating of any Buyer on the Site with whom that Seller has actually transacted. A poor rating of a Member can have a negative impact on the likelihood of other Members transacting with the Member that receives the poor rating. For more information regarding the Member ratings, see the Member Rating System Policy at http://www.pricegrabber.com/info_policies.php. Additionally, you must have a Member Rating of at least 3 at the time of a transaction in order to be eligible for the Transaction Protection Program for that particular transaction http://www.pricegrabber.com/info_policies.php.

Ive had great luck with Mwave and Newegg. Newegg has the best prices and Ive been getting all my stuff from them for 2 years with no problems.

I would imagine all of them are legitimate (Otherwise they would have probably been reported and removed), but whether they are "good" or not is a different story.

From my experience, pricewatch does have some unreputable dealers. However, you never know until you either get first hand experience or hear from someone else's misfortune.

Here's places that I've been fairly happy with ordering (in the US only):

#1 on my list for prices and service:
www.newegg.com

Some of the others I've order from and haven't had any bad experiences from are:

www.directron.com
www.mwave.com
www.tigerdirect.com
www.axiontech.com
www.pcmods.com

Another computer shopping directory similiar to pricewatch is www.ibuyer.net. Their prices are sometimes slightly higher and selection seems more limited, but the quality of dealers is exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back